The town of Branford in south central
Connecticut on Long Island Sound just east of New Haven Harbor,
covers 27.9 square miles and is home to approximately 28,030
residents. Branford was first settled in 1644 by families from
Wethersfield and it was incorporated from New Haven in 1685.
Primarily residential today, Branford's
greatest single asset is the shoreline. There are nineteen yacht clubs
and marinas along its beaches. A special attraction for boating
enthusiasts are the twenty to thirty Thimble Islands just off-shore.
According to tradition, these islands were a hideout for Captain Kid
and other buccaneers.
Town Information Courtesy of
Chamber of Commerce
> back to New Haven Area